Wednesday, January 2, 2013

eSalon Hair Color Review

UPDATE:  Today, is Monday, January 14th.  We are now 12 days since I colored my hair and it still looks like it did the first day!  There are NO roots or grays starting to show!

Check out the bottom of the review for a special offer!!!

WOW!  All I can say is WOW!

For those who know me, I hate having to color my hair.  I either end up paying WAY too much at a salon for a color I hate, or I use a box color and it is NOTHING like the color I picked, or it turns my hair BLACK or ORANGE.  Or, for a couple of days, my head and pillow smells like ammonia!  It is so frustrating!

Six weeks ago I bought a box color and was hoping my hair would turn out a Caramel Brown.  Wanna guess what my hair color became???  Strawberry Blonde!  My normal hair color has changed naturally over the years from a Blonde, to a Light Brown, to a Strawberry Blonde.  Then when I got older and went to college, it became Blonde again thanks to Sun-In and other products. 

I've outgrown the being Blonde.  My husband loves it but I don't.  I like being a Brunette or having darker Blonde/Light Brown hair.  I just want a color that I'm not naturally!  And of course now I am also dealing with having grays popping up. 

I learned about eSalon.com a few weeks ago.  I admit, I was very very hesitant to try them but after my last experience and the fact I refused to have family pictures taken due to color of my hair, I was willing to try it.  What could I lose right?

I signed up for an account online and added a picture of myself.  I was able to pick what color I wanted to be and answered a few questions.  I was called the next day by one of the colorists and I sent her another picture, this time outside. 

I was able to have a consult with my colorist, Gloria.  I was told they would be sending me two bottles of developer and explained to me why that was needed. 

Less then a week later I received my kit that was designed JUST FOR ME!!!!  Here is a picture of the instructions.  (To protect my family, I covered up my name on the products but your name is on the bottles and the information guide)

 
Below is the kit I received:
 
 
Below is a picture of the accessories that were included including two pairs of gloves:
 
 
Below is a picture of the back of my hair. This is unwashed unstyled hair with no product on it.  The light is different but it shows my Blonde hair.  The front of my hair was more red. 
 
 
 
Below is my hair afterwards:
 
 
 
Now I am a SAHM and normally my hair is just washed and air dried. I apologize for the quality of the photos as my oldest took them.
 
 
Now, as far as this hair coloring experience?  This was the most PERFECT process EVER!  There was NO smell!!  The hair color directions were so easy and easy to follow.  Everything I needed was provided.  The application time was minimal.  And most importantly, I LOVE MY COLOR!! I haven't liked my box color or salon hair color in a long time!
 
I couldn't stress to you more that if you color your own hair or if you pay at a salon to have your hair professionally colored, you must try eSalon.com
 

I know many of you are thinking, this has to be expensive!  NO!  Honestly it isn't at all.  Now, I will say that this is more than the $5 - $10 you will pay at a drugstore for a box color.  But first ask yourself, how many times have you bought a box color and then had to go and buy hair color remover?  Which consisted of another trip to the store, which costed more gas, time and money?

With eSalon.com, there is a satisfaction guarantee! 

The cost per application is $24.95 which normally lasts 4 -6 weeks.  However, right now they are offering 20% off if you sign up for the auto delivery service so it would only be $19.95 plus S/H. 

Now for those who pay at a professional salon, I know you pay anywhere from $50 - $150 PER color as I have done that myself.  Isn't this a cheaper option?  Does your salon offer a satisfaction guarantee or your money back?

I absolutely love my hair color!  It is Brown with Blonde natural highlights.  I really like my hair color now!  And the best part is, if I wanted to go a shade lighter or darker on my next application, I can change that on my profile!

You really need to try eSalon.com the next time you are ready to color your hair!

To start your profile, go to eSalon.com

I will be a customer now of eSalon!  No more trips to the store to buy hair color! No more ammonia smell!  No more worry about what color my hair will turn out!  And I get to talk to my own colorist and have a consult from the comfort of my home!

Right now, eSalon has a special 50% off deal for first time customers!  You can get a complete hair profile and custom color kit delivered to your door for just $9.95 plus $4.95 s/h WITH A FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Click here to give it a try!  What do you have to lose?

**Thank you to eSalon for the free hair color box sample. **



26 comments:

  1. Wow! That's awesome, your hair came out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You really need to check them out!

      Delete
  2. eSalon sent me a sincere email. They could have ripped me off, but no instead they were honest and advised me to go to a salon first to get my hair color repaired and then give them a call. Very professional, I recommend them to anyone who wants an honest company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story!!! I felt the same way when I talked to them! They took the time to listen and that is so rare anymore!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read comments on the ingredients and whether anyone has had any negative reactions (itching, headache, etc.). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    Professional Coloring Wading River, NY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a sensitive scalp and typically itch for a few days after box dyes from drug stores. I've been using e-salon for 18 mos now and have not had one problem with it!! I adjust my color seasonally - a little darker in the winter, a little lighter in the summer. My hair is super healthy and my color stays rich a full six weeks - I'm auburn, so this is saying something! Best of all, no brassiness with the red, as I have experienced with boxed dyes. Super happy customer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate all of the information that you have shared. Thank you for the hard work!

    - professional coloring wading river, ny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is esalon.com's payment policy?

    Do they automatically charge your account every month as soon as you give them your credit card -- the way, say, Cindy Crawford's site does? That would be a deal-breaker for me.

    Please let me know. I really want to try their product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was not aware of the auto shipment deal but got a surprise shipment several weeks after my initial order charging my credit card $25 ($10 more than my initial order). They offered for me to ship it back and that they would credit me less shipping charges. I have filed a BBB complaint to get shipping charges refunded!

      Delete
    2. You can set your account up as a one time only or auto ship.

      https://www.esalon.com/faqs/question/87/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-the-auto-delivery-service

      Delete
  9. @Delving Eye. I just wasted a bunch of time signing up but towards the end I didnt go through with it because yes they make you sign up for automatic shipping every ten weeks which is ridiculous. You can also change the frequency of shipments up to 12 weeks, or go to your page and cancel the auto shipping, but I just dont trust them anymore. If you have a good product, you shouldnt need automatic shipping. And how do I know I wont be recharged even after I cancel?? So its a no go for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also clicked out of their site after seeing it was auto-ship/pay. No thanks.

      Delete
  10. I stopped by to see what I could find out about this new hair dye product and read the "reviews".

    For problems with companies doing auto shipping there is an easy way to cancel it. . If you don't have a PayPal account sign up and get one. The personal accounts are free. If you have one or went and signed up for one, go buy the product and pay with PayPal. After the transaction is complete you go to PayPal and go to the account settings and you will find where you can cancel auto shipping of any products or just the products you don't want to auto ship. If somehow they still charge your PayPal account, just put in a claim (very easy to do at PayPal, they have it all set up for claims) and PayPal will reverse it. No worry.

    If the site/business does not offer PayPal as a payment selection you can use a PayPal card. PayPal now has a Debit/Credit card, just like the banks that they send you (you need to request a card). You use the card just like a bank card but still have total control of all your purchases from the PayPal site. And you don't even have to have credit or good credit to get the card. So now I use the card not only on the internet but when I am shopping locally too.

    I have been using PayPal for 12 years and PayPal has always guaranteed security and more. I always pay with PayPal so I never have any worries.

    I am no way affiliated with PayPal. Just happened to stop here to read about this new hair dye product and read the auto shipping and though I could help.

    But I do have a question for momma. You stated "We are now 12 days since I colored my hair and it still looks like it did the first day! There are NO roots or grays starting to show!"
    Does your hair not grow? That would be the only reason you should be seeing roots of gray. The hair color will not continue to color the hair that grows out. (-: Unless of course you re-apply it.

    I may try but going to do more investigation first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, your blog has very useful information and I am daily reader this blog really enjoyed every moment and I spent with it

    More information visit about Best hair colorists Long Island :- http://www.best-salon-long-island.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seamed a good idea at the time. I heard that from a woman carrying a 50 punds bag trying to get to her hotel on the top of a Italian hillside. Same here. The process is messy as can be, specially since they suggest you getting in the shower and applying the last of the color as a shampoo, mixed with water. We have already deal with the flimsy and VERY SMALL gloves, the usual mess, but I was not prepared for spotting everything in a 4 yards radium in my tub. My shower curtains are fabric, my tiles are stone, and everything was getting dirty. Then the product enter my eye. I needed my husband to gave me a eye cup to rinse the burning product out of my pupil, as I was blind and in pain. Even if you have a dirty-proof shower with glass and tiles, that last step is a joke and totally ruined the experience for me. A real salon never feet so desirable, and the price so cheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I honestly had no problems with the last step. I'm sorry that you did.

      Delete
    2. I have a glass shower door and tile and the product does get everywhere but rinses off with a spray from the shower head. You can't leave it on the shower surfaces and for any DIY.... We obviously know to close your eyes! This is a great product with beautiful results.

      Delete
  13. ♣While reading your blog it seems that you research on this topic very much. I must tell you that your blog is very informative and it helps other also. social media

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am considering giving this product a try, and I like the color you selected. Do you mind sharing the shade/number you chose? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can turn off auto delivery by clicking your account and click "turn off auto delivery". Easy as that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found the reps at esalon to be inflexible and unwilling to listen or help. I understand that companies have their policies. But when it leads to mistreating the customer and being demeaning that is way over the line. Representing themselves as experts offering advice is another name for dismissive and pompous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should call back and file a report on the first person you talked to. The people I have talked to at eSalon have always been very polite, professional and very accommodating

      Delete
  17. I wasn't automatically signed up for auto delivery when I took advantage of the $9.95 offer last spring. When I placed my second order, they contacted me to make sure it was okay for them to charge my card! If you are signed up for auto delivery for some reason, just go into your settings and turn it off. I signed up for it last fall to save money. You can choose when you want the product delivered.

    I love this product. The color is perfect. It doesn't dry out my hair and it covers gray very well (I'm 53 and most of my hair is white with some gray). My hair color is a light/medium blonde and it looks like I have different colored strands of blonde running through it: very light to dark with some gold.

    I read that some people are complaining of the messiness. If you've ever done your own hair coloring at home, this is the same thing. You get in the shower or even just stick your head in the sink, you shampoo it with water or watered down color for a few minutes, then rinse it all out. It is no messier than other home hair color.

    The colorists are so knowledgeable and helpful. If you are comfortable coloring your own hair and you don't want to pay salon prices all the time, give esalon a try. It's just around $15 including shipping for your first try. And it's made just for you. How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete